The Town of Walkerton is currently accepting applications for an apprentice lineman/ water professional to join our utility team. We are a unique department that is responsible for the electric and water provided to the Town of Walkerton.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain a Class B CDL.
- Must pass a background check and drug test.
- Be available to respond to callouts and urgent needs.
- Work outside in inclement weather conditions.
- Consistently adhere to safety rules to work in proximity of high and low voltage electric equipment.
- Successfully complete a four year apprenticeship program.
- Must be in excellent physical condition, strong mechanical skills, and the ability to climb utility poles with no fear of heights.
If you are interested in joining our utility team applications can be picked up at the Walkerton Municipal building located at 301 Michigan St.