Water/Electric Laborer Position
The Town of Walkerton Utilities currently has an opening for a Water/Electric laborer. No experience needed but a background in water line repairs or electric experience is valued. The qualified applicant must be available for on-call after-hours work in addition to regular hours. The applicant may be subjected to working under adverse weather conditions. A drug screening and background check will be required prior to employment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred (but not mandatory) to be within 15 minutes of 649 Liberty Street Walkerton, IN
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Ability to stand, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- Must obtain Class B CDL within 6 months of hire
- Full-time position 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday-Friday
Compensation: To be based on experience.
Completed applications should be submitted to the Clerk Treasurer’s office located at 301 Michigan Street Walkerton, IN. (Attention: Walkerton Town Council) Applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Application” in the subject line.
Applications are available here and the Clerk Treasurer’s Office located at 301 Michigan Street, Walkerton IN.
All applications are to be submitted by 4:00 pm Friday, March 19th, 2021.
Part-Time EMT/Advanced EMT
Completed applications can be submitted to Clerk Treasurer’s office located at 301 Michigan Street.
The Town of Walkerton is an equal opportunity employer. The Town of Walkerton does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 and over), disability, genetic information as referenced in the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), military service veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.