WALKERTON LINCOLN FIRE TERRITORY
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
We are hiring part-time and full-time
SALARY RANGE: $39,500/yr.
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
The primary focus of the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician is to provide basic and limited advanced emergency medical care and transportation for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system. This individual possesses the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care and transportation. Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians function as part of a comprehensive EMS response, under medical oversight. Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians perform interventions with the basic and advanced equipment typically found on an ambulance. The Advanced Emergency Medical Technician is a link from the scene to the emergency health care system.
This position reports to an EMS Director. Advanced EMTs are accountable for responding to all assigned calls in the most appropriate and efficient manner, providing the highest standards of patient care while providing a safe and hazard-free environment. The Advanced EMT contributes to overall patient care in the areas of patient assessment, treatment, packaging, and transport.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prompt and regular attendance at work.
- Provide quality patient care utilizing approved medical protocols.
- Assess and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment), any medical situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care and professionalism according to current company standards.
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times in accordance with the Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain the ambulance and equipment in a clean, organized, and response-ready mode.
- Complete all patient care reports for each response with appropriate and accurate patient care documentation and billing information.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other individuals within the community and EMS system.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures provided in the Policy and Procedures Handbook (PPH).
- Executes duties according to WLFT Emergency Services protocols under the direction of the WLFT EMS Director.
Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal laws (i.e. HIPAA and OSHA).
- Responsible for maintaining current national and state certifications.
- Must attend all mandatory educational trainings and quality assurance sessions. Performs other such duties as may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: Current AEMT certification as an Advanced EMT. EMS Driver Certification Must be at least 18 years of age.
Physical Requirements: The employee is regularly required to use hands to feel or handle; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is required to frequently stand and walk. The employee is required to sit, climb and balance; step, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or carry a minimum of 140 pounds up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment: The employee works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and /or exposure to blood/body fluids. Respirator usage is required, and the employee may be exposed to fumes/odors, can work extended periods of time, and endure temperature variations. The employee will work with others, have face-to-face contact with others, be exposed to noise, and operate mechanical and electrical equipment. The employee is assigned shift work and performs duties frequently related to a mobile environment while being in confined areas at times.
WLFT EMS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received
Please submit all personal history questionnaires and applications to the following email addresses:
applications may also be mailed or dropped off in-person to:
WLFT EMS Director
Walkerton, IN 46574
The Town of Walkerton is an equal opportunity employer. The Town of Walkerton does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 and over), disability, genetic information as referenced in the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), military service veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.