Public Works Director Position –
Electric, Water, Wastewater and Street Departments
The Town of Walkerton Utilities currently has an opening for a Public Works Director. The position is responsible for directing all day-to-day operations activities, requiring strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and implement successful management strategies. The selected candidate will also be responsible for all public works projects. A complete job description will be available at the time of the interview.
- Strong managerial skills including interpersonal skills showing the ability to work with wide range personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Excellent ability to make informed immediate decisions in an emergency of highly stressful situations and willingness to work overtime in those emergency situations.
- Proficient knowledge of regulations and the requirements involved with reporting and budgeting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CDL – Preferred but not required at time of hire
- Any Public Works Licenses (Lineman, Water or Wastewater) – Preferred but not required at time of hire
Compensation: To be based on experience.
Completed applications should be submitted to Clerk Treasurer’s office located at 301 Michigan Street, Walkerton IN to the attention of the Walkerton Town Council.
Applications are available here and the Clerk Treasurer’s Office located at 301 Michigan Street.
All applications are to be submitted by 4:00 pm on September 21, 2020.
Part-Time EMT/Advanced EMT
Completed applications can be submitted to Clerk Treasurer’s office located at 301 Michigan Street.
The Town of Walkerton is an equal opportunity employer. The Town of Walkerton does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 and over), disability, genetic information as referenced in the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), military service veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.